The actual event may have come and gone, but now, all the hard work that we put in over January will be aired across the country as the 2013 Aussie Millions television production begins!
The broadcast, produced by McGuire Media in conjunction with Poker PROductions, will be a nine-episode series, airing every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday night for the next three weeks on OneHD. Then, next month ESPN will broadcast the show. I’ve included both schedules below.
I’m really excited to be hosting the show, with Joe Hachem and Jonno Pittock providing entertaining commentary, as well as Antonio Esfandiari educating us all with his pro analysis.
This week’s episodes will focus on the $250k Challenge, where each individual player paid a quarter of a million bucks to take their seats – some even paid more with rebuys!! So crazy. I spoke with some of the players on PokerNews, early on in the event, so you can get a sample of what’s to come in the show:
- Tue 26 Feb – 10.40pm (ep 1)
- Wed 27 Feb – 10.40pm (ep 2)
- Thu 28 Feb – 10.40pm (ep 3)
- Tue 5 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 4)
- Wed 6 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 5)
- Thu 7 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 6)
- Tue 12 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 7)
- Wed 13 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 8)
- Thu 14 Mar – 10.40pm (ep 9)
- Sun 31 Mar – 9:00pm (ep 1) and 10:00pm (ep 2)
- Sun 7 Apr – 9.00pm (ep 3) and 10.00pm (ep 4)
- Sun 14 Apr – 9.00pm (ep 5) and 10.00pm (ep 6)
- Sun 21 Apr – 9.00pm (ep 7) and 10.00pm (ep 8)
- Sun 28 Apr – 9.00pm (ep 8 replay) and 10.00pm (ep 9)
ESPN will also run a marathon in May, and I will post details on that once confirmed.