I still find it hard to believe this creamy banana shake has no milk in it. If you’re a dairy lover, I promise you will not even notice it missing from this delicious glass of goodness!
Just throw all of the following into your blender, whizz it up, and enjoy!
- 1 banana (preferably frozen for added chill – see below)
- 1-2 cups of filtered water
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 small handful of almonds (or any nuts you have at home)
- 1 tablespoon of hemp seeds (or any protein powder of choice – but these are my fav)
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- Dash of cinnamon to taste
- 2 dates or some honey if you’ve got a sweet tooth
Tip #1: Freeze Your Bananas
Just before my they get too brown, I peel them, put them into little bags and store them in the freezer to keep for smoothies. Saves you having to juggle your banana’s ripening schedule with your own, and it’s a great way to add an icy touch to your blend.
Tip #2: Mix it up!
In the below picture I used the exact same recipe but added blueberries. Get creative and throw your favourite fruits in there! It’s hard to go wrong, and the more yo
P.S If you would like more recipes, you’re more than welcome to download my Be Well Smoothies ebook. Click the image below to download your free copy!